Worldwide countries are following suit and adopting the European standards set above. For example, in India, a new bill has been placed before the Government with comparable language and fines. It therefore becomes increasingly important for companies to adhere to the privacy principles wherever they may be operating.
Being in the space for some time now, one of the major concerns of corporates, civil society and state is having proper definitions for each of these nuanced terms and understanding their import in the interplay with the other.
For this the primary steps (and not in any particular order) are:
- Understanding the privacy principles
- Understanding the law of a region
- Detailed awareness sessions on specifics
- Compliance training
- Process building
- Responding to challenges
We provide Data Protection Advisory and Consultancy which starts from the basic building block i.e. Personal Data and rolling onto a comprehensive due diligence/audit of the Personal Information with your organization and how to comply with applicable laws through the Personal Information Life Cycle (as shown below).
- Contractual Requirements
- GDPR Compliances
- Drafting and negotiating privacy related agreements; Data Transfer Agreements and Data Processing Agreements; policies, procedures, consent and notice mandates
- Advisory and consultancy on building a Privacy Program
- Interpreting and implementing the requirements of global data privacy and data security laws
- Risk assessments for both clients and vendors
- Litigation on data protection issues
- DP Audits
- DSAR requirements
- Employee Information Management
- Training modules